Discover all the highlights of the Daintree Rainforest with your knowledgeable and local guide for the day.
Highlights include Mossman Gorge, Daintree River Wildlife Cruise, Daintree Ferry Crossing, Cape Tribulation, Rainforest Swim and more!
What is the itinerary
7:30 am Pick up from your Port Douglas accommodation (exact time to be advised upon booking)
Traditional Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony conducted by a local Kuku Yalanji people.
Guided rainforest walk at Mossman Gorge
Morning Tea includes tea, coffee, and a traditional damper served with jam, honey, and cream
Daintree River crossing with the famous Daintree Ferry
Guided rainforest walk along one of the Daintree National Park boardwalks
Cooked to order lunch at a beautiful outdoor rainforest restaurant
Enjoy a refreshing swim at Cooper Creek in the middle of the rainforest. No Crocs here!
Explore Cape Tribulation Beach where the Rainforest meets the Reef
Treat yourself to a delicious ice cream made with homegrown tropical fruit
Take in the views of Alexandra
Lookout over the mouth of the Daintree River
Your chance to spot crocs, snakes, birds, and other wildlife on board the Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
Return to your accommodation around 5:30 pm
What is included in the tour price
- Pick-up & Drop-off from your Port Douglas Accommodation
- Access to all parks
- Morning Tea
- Daintree Ferry Crossing
- Daintree River Wildlife Cruise
What we love about this tour
- The Welcome to Country and Traditional Smoking Ceremony is the perfect start to your day exploring the land of the Kuku Yalanji people.
- Learn about their culture and history.
- Travel in a small group of maximum 10 people per vehicle
What to bring
- Swimwear and a towel
- A bit of cash for ice cream and an optional alcoholic beverage over lunch. These places do have EFTPOS machines, but in the Daintree, this can easily be cut out.
- Wear light-coloured clothes, as mosquitos are attracted to dark colours
About the Operator
A Port Douglas owned and operated business, running tours to the Daintree since 2005.
Grant Knight is the founder, owner, and occasional tour guide. While traveling around Australia he fell in love with the breathtaking nature around Port Douglas and decided to call this home.
All Daintree Discovery Tours guides live locally and have a strong passion for the Daintree, and love sharing their knowledge with their guests.
They treat every tour like they’re taking out a group of friends, making for a fun, relaxed and educational experience.
- Adult $224
- Child (10-14) $204
- Private Charter $1,500 per vehicle up to 6 people, additional $100 per person up to 10 max. Contact to book.